Accreda is committed to being transparent about how it collects, retains and uses/processes personal data and to meeting its data protection obligations and duties.
We recognize that our clients and people we work with, entrust important non-public personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of the 27 April 2016), to us, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect and safeguard this data.
1. Who are We?
Accreda, established in 2006, is a niche ICT services provider company specializing in the provision of integrated business solutions to the professional services, igaming industries, retail outlets and manufacturing.
Your non-public personal information is controlled by Accreda Ltd, a company duly incorporated under the laws of Malta, having registration number C-38565.
Accreda follows and adheres to appropriate safeguards in line with EU law for the processing of non-public personal data.
2. What Data We Collect and How do we Use it
The non-public personal data that we collect and the processing of such information relating to clients is used to perform our Services.
2.1 Visitors to our Websites
This information is processed to improve website use, for our internal purposes including the administration of our website, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
2.2 People who Send us a Request for Information
Our websites provide for functions that allow users to request information about our services. The information collected through the request for information function on our websites is the following:
- information you provide in the fields of the online form;
- IP address;
- date, time and data of our website access; and
- identification data of the used browser.
You can also contact us through email, phone, or social media to request information. We will, therefore, be collecting any information you provide to us or available on the relative media used.
We will also collect any correspondence in furtherance of the request. This information is necessary for us to be able to respond to your request.
An identification document and other personal information will be requested in order to comply with anti-money laundering rules and to be able to provide you detailed and specific information to your request. If you are not able or unwilling to provide us such information, we will not be able to provide any additional information and/or the Services.
Any personal information that you provide to us through these processes will be used and processed to:
- provide you with the information you requested;
- follow up with you on such request;
- comply with any legal or regulatory requirement including compliance with anti-money laundering rules; and
- for our internal purposes including the administration of the flow of such information, market research and data analytics, internal record keeping and/or to improve our products.
2.3 People Using our Services
The personal data on our Clients is secured by our system and treated with the maximum degree of security.
We take precautions to protect your personal data. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
We usually require some personal data to provide you with our services. Therefore, if we request such personal data because of the need created by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing service, we may have to suspend or cancel it.
Accreda uses the personal data to dpo(at)accreda.eu.
- Provide you with the service/s and/or product/s as well as providing support.
- Improve and develop our service/s and/or product/s
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising and presenting you with relevant offers.
Accreda shares your personal data with your consent or to complete any service and/or support you have requested or authorised.
3. Legal basis for Processing
In line with the principle of data minimization and data economy, we only collect personal data and processes it on the following legal basis:
- when you request our services, our legal basis for collecting and processing information is based on your consent and the requirements for the performance of the service or to take steps to enter into a contract and/or legal regulations, mainly anti-money laundering regulations;
- our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data when you opt-in to receive information from us; is based on your consent;
- we may collect and process information for legitimate interest, primarily to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or to protect our legal rights and/or those of our employees.
4. Recipients of Personal Data
We may disclose personal information legally in the following scenarios:
- for the performance of the services or to take steps to enter into a contract; and
- to Clients that are required for the provision of services to you or with your consent.
- when there is a legal requirement to do so;
- if we are requested to do so by a governmental or regulatory authority or by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- to enforce our contractual terms;
- in cases of merger or acquisition of our business or parts of it to the new owners;
- to protect us and our employees from legal action or claims from third parties, including you;
5. How Long do we Retain the Data
We retain the personal information that we collect from you only for as long as required for statutory or legitimate interest purposes. Your information is retained in electronic or paper format or both. When it is no longer required, it will be deleted or destroyed.
Should you wish to obtain information on the specific retention period of any personal information we hold on you, please contact us on dpo(at)accreda.eu.
6. Automated Individual Decision Making, Including Profiling
We do not undertake fully automated individual decision-making, including profiling, that has a legal or similarly significant effect.
7. Systems we Use
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal non-public data.
Data transmitted to us through the contact forms on websites are transmitted in an encrypted form. Transmission of personal data via the internet is made at your own risk.
We attempt to protect your personal data from unauthorized access by third parties by means of precautions such as pseudonymization, data minimization and observing deletion periods. Despite these protective measures, however, we cannot completely rule out unlawful processing by third parties.
Additionally, we herein outline programmes and systems we use in our collection, processing and storing of data:
- we use an online portal managed and operated by us online to store and process information, data and details;
- we use reCAPTCHA to detect any improperly use of our websites by automated mechanical processing. Certain personal data, including IP address, is thus transmitted to “Google”;
- when someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is processed in such a manner that it does not identify the user.
- we use industry standard tools in order to monitor and collect information on our website/s users’ needs and to optimize the use of our websites. The information collected does not identify the individual users;
Please contact dpo(at)accreda.eu should you require more information on the GDPR compliance of such systems.
8. Links to Other Websites
9. Your Rights
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- right to be informed about the personal non-public data we collect and how we process it – this policy aims at providing you with this information;
- right to access – you have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal non-public data is being processed and have the ability to access it;
- right to modification – you have the right to request the modification of any personal non-public data we hold on you if it is incorrect or incomplete;
- right of portability – you may ask us to forward to you the personal data we hold on you and which is portable at law in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit that data to another data controller, where it is technically feasible to do so
- right to erasure – you have the right to request the removal of your personal data, which shall be deleted, unless there is a legal requirement or reason for us to continue processing or storing it;
- right to restrict processing – you have a right to restrict or withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data. In such cases we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further unless there is a legal requirement or reason for us to continue processing it;
- right to object to processing for specific reasons at law, being the following:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority,
- direct marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such marketing activities,
- processing for scientific or historical research purposes or for the purpose of statistics; and
- you have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with GDPR.
For any requests in furtherance to the above, please contact us on dpo(at)accreda.eu. We shall endeavor to reply at the very earliest and deal with your request by not later than 30 days from receipt by us of your request.
11. How to Contact Us
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and processing personal data. We encourage you to contact us if you think that our collection or processing of data may be improved. You may also file a complaint. We welcome your suggestions for improving our procedures and take any complaints seriously.
Our contact details are the following:
- Head Office Address: 203a, Old Bakery Street, Valletta, VLT 1453, MALTA
- Contact number: +356 22056847
- Email: info(at)accreda.eu