The Deadline for Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 is April 1st, 2019
Microsoft recently announced that the Dynamics NAV 2018 version will be the last release of NAV branding, available to buy a license only till April 1, 2019. From that point onwards, we will be witnessing the rise of Dynamics 365 Business Central (On-Premise or Cloud).
Here we explain the basics, but every business is unique so if you’d like to speak to us about how these changes will affect you specifically please do get in touch.
Dynamics 365 Business Central (D365BC) will present the full functionality of Dynamics NAV under two different offerings:
- Financial Management
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Service Management
It brings the full capabilities of Dynamics NAV into the cloud or on premises.
Important points to note
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in a Named User model and not Concurrent, meaning that you need to have a license (either Full or Team Member (previously known as Limited)) for every user who needs to access the system
- If you are on an active Enhancement Plan and you are planning to upgrade, and would like to retain your Concurrent User License Model, you need to upgrade your license to Dynamics NAV2018, which is available only till April 1, 2019.
- If you plan to upgrade but would like to go Dynamics 365 Business Central you have two options, On Premise or On the Cloud
- Migrating from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central on Premise transition:
- Full Users will be on a 1 : 2 mapping ratio, meaning that for every existing Concurrent Full License, you will get 2 Named Full Licenses.
- Limited Users will be on a 1 : 2 mapping ratio, meaning that for every existing Concurrent Limited License, you will get 2 Named Team Member License
- Additional required licenses, if any, have to be purchased separately
- Migrating to Dynamics 365 Business Central on the Cloud (SaaS) transition:
- Discounted offers for customers currently on an active enhancement plan
- Full or Team Member Licenses have to be purchased separately
- If you have no plans to upgrade at the moment, then nothing change for you and you will continue to pay your annual EP to be able to buy additional users and objects normally and to be still eligible to migrate to Dynamics 365 Business Central if you decide to do so
For pricing, more information and other terms and conditions kindly get in touch with us at your earliest to be able to plan the best way forward for your company needs.